How to make Masoor dal?
Masoor dal or pink lentils – a simple yet tasty masoor dal recipe. This is an easy masoor dal recipe and good for everyday cooking. These lentils are also used in combination with other 4 lentils to make a special dal with 5 lentils.
- 1 cup Masoor Dal
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp jeera
- 2 tsp adrak-lahsun paste
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green hari mirch
- 1½ tsp haldi
- 1 tsp lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp punjabi garam masala powder
- 1½ tsp crushed kasuri methi
- 3 tbsp cream
- 4 tbsp oil
- Wash masoor dal and soak it for some time.
- Else just pressure cook masoor dal with 3 cups water till they are cooked.
- Take a pan and heat oil,fry the Jeera first.
- After add the onions.onions cooked properly.and a step in important for make this dal.
- Add the adrak-lahsun paste and fry for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and Hari mirch and cooked again for a few minutes.
- Now add all the spices.And kasuri methi. Mix it properly.
- Now add this mixture to the cooked masoor.Mix it properly by adding salt.
- Add some water and cooked dal medium flame.