Kabuli Chana Recipe
Kabuli chana, a recipe that hails from northern part of India is popular because of it peculiar taste. It is a very good source of proteins.
- 100 gms white chick peas (kabuli chana)
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder (cumin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp dhania powder (coriander powder)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of tomato puree
- 1 tsp ginger (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dhania leaves (coriander)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Turmeric powder(haldi) just a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped green chillies
- Mediumly sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onions
- Take kabuli chana, wash and clean it first and then soak it for about 8-9 hours.
- Pressure cook the kabuli chana by adding a bit of salt in it.It should be pressure cooked for 5-6 whistles.
- Now take a pan.Put some cumin seeds and roast it.The seeds should turn golden brown while roasting.
- Add some turmeric powder and coriander powder. Saute it
- Once they are sauted add tomato puree,ginger,onion,garlic,chilli powder and water. Mix them properly and pressure cook for about 9-10 minutes.
- After it is pressure cooked simmer till they become dry.
- Mix cooked chana and water and for about 6-7 minutes simmer them.
- Now add some garam masala and some finely chopped coriander.By mixing them properly cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- In the end you can garnish it with chopped green chillies,mediumly sliced tomatoes and green chillies.
- You can serve it with rotis or rice.