Dahi Vada Recipe
Dahi vada is the yummiest and most liked snack in Indian cuisine. Dahi vada recipe is easy and simple to follow. Learn how to make dahi vada.
- 1/2 cup urad dal , soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 2 tsp roughly chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups dahi
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- chilli powder for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
- roasted jeera powder for sprinkling
- sanchal for sprinkling
For The Vadas:
For The Topping:
For The Garnish:
For the vadas:
- Combine the urad dal, green chillies, ginger and salt in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry vadas at a time till they turn light golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Combine the curd and the sugar in a bowl, mix well and keep the sweetened curd aside.
- Take enough water in a deep bowl and soak the vadas in it for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the vadas and level lightly between your hand.
- Arrange vadas on a serving dish and top with half the sweetened Dahi mixture.
- Top with a little chilli powder, 1 tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, a little cumin seeds powder and black salt.
- Serve immediately.
How to proceed: