Chana Dal Recipe
Chana dal is a dal that is good for health and has a low glycemic index. People having diabetes can eat chana dal as it is very good for diabetic patients.
- 1 cup of chana dal
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3.5 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- salt to taste
- In a big bowl take 4 cups of water and soak chana dal for about 2.5 to 3 hours. After that wash it and drain.
- Take a pan,boil 3 cups of water,turmeric powder, ginger and a bit of salt.
- Put chana dal in it and cover the pan. Cook it for about 30 minutes over medium flame. The dal has to become tender.
- Take a pan and put some ghee in it. After it gets heated added some cumin seeds. Add garlic after the seeds start sputtering.
- Properly stir and fry until the garlic becomes a bit light brownish.While stiring it put some red chilly powder.Pour it over the cooked and cover it.
- The chana dal is ready now. You can serve it with bread or rice.