Urad Dal Recipe
A recipe that is simple and easy to make,urad dal is healthy and tasty.You can serve urad dal with rice or jeera rice and also with rotis.
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1 Cup urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 length wise sliced onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- 2 Tsp red chilly powder
- 2 Tsp ghee or melted butter
- salt to taste
- Take a pressure cooker, add dal in it.Wash it frequently unless the water appears clear.Then take 4 cups of water and soak urad dal in it for around 15-20 minutes or for some more time.
- Rinse out the water and wash it after the dal is soaked.Then add 3 cups of water,some turmeric powder, 1 tsp of oil , salt as per taste and mix.
- Now close the lid and place a weight on the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it on medium heat.
- Roast the peanuts till they become crisp on low flame. Cool and then coarsely powder in a grinder.
- Add grinded peanuts, salt, finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix the entire mixture well.
- After about 9-10 minutes the cooker will steam.Turn the heat and again cook for 3-5 minutes. You can now turn off the stove and wait for the steam until it goes down.
- You can prepare onion and cumin seed tadka while the dal is cooking.Keep it aside.
- Open the pressure cooker and check the dal.If it is thick add some water.It should not be overcooked.The dal should be soft but not pasty.
- Now add onion tadka to it,mix it well and cook it.
- After that add cumin seed tadka to it and cook for around 1 minute.
- The dal is ready now. Transfer it to a bowl and serve it.
Please follow and like us: