Phirni is a wonderful, creamy dessert made with ground rice combined with milk, cream, sugar and some saffron strands for flavouring.
- a few Kesar
- 1 ltr Milk
- 4 tbsp long grained Basmati Rice
- 6 tbsp sugar
For The Garnish:
- Dry roast the Kesar in a pan for 20 seconds. Add 2 tbsp of milk and keep aside.
- Soak basmati rice in water for about 1 hour.
- Drain, wash and drain again. Pat dry on an absorbent kitchen towel and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Add ½ cup of milk and mix well to make a paste.
- Boil the rest of the milk and gently stir in the rice paste.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and kesar mixture and simmer for a few minutes.Refrigerate for at least 2 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with almonds, pista and kesar.