How to make whole moong dal? Punjabi Style Whole Moong Dal Recipe
The green moong beans are cooked in a pressure cooker. moong beans as well as moong lentils are preferred , to make dals or khichdis as they are easy to digest and nutritious.the taste of this yummy and delicious moong dal really goes awesome with rotis or steamed rice.
- Â½ cup moong dal, soaked in water for an hour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium tej patta
- Â½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped onion
- Â½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Â¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Â¼ tsp red chili powder
- Â½ tsp coriander powder
- Â¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt as required
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker, add 1 medium tej patta, Â½ tsp cumin seeds. saute till the cumin seeds start crackling.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute them till they get light golden and add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chilies. stir and saute them properly.
- now add chopped tomatoes, Â¼ tsp turmeric powder, Â¼ tsp red chili powder, Â½ tsp coriander powder and Â¼ tsp garam masala powder stir and saute till the tomatoes soften, become pulpy and you see oil releasing from the sides.
- add 2 cups water and salt as per taste. stir very well. cover and pressure cook for 15 minutes on a medium flame till the beans are softened thoroughly. when the pressure settles down on its own, open the lid and check the beans.
Tempering the Dal:
- heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and add cumin seeds first.
- switch off the flame and then add a pinch of asafoetida and Â¼ tsp red chili powder. stir.
- add this tempering to the green moong dal. stir well.
- add chopped coriander leaves.
- serve whole green moong dal with steamed rice or chapatis
Please follow and like us: