Moong Dal Pakoda
Moong dal pakoda is an awesome meal that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or any time of the day for that matter. Yellow moong dal simmered with vegetables and spices, this dish is quite wholesome and does not even require any grand accompaniments.
- 1 cup moong dal
- 3 green chillies, Chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- A pinch of hing
- 1 tsp whole black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Water as required>
- Salt as required
- Oil for deep frying
- soak moong dal in enough water for about overnight. drain the water and add them to the mixture grinder.
- Add the chopped green chillies, ginger and hing. Add water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Coarsely crush the black pepper and coriander seeds in a mortar-pestle.
- Add these to the ground moong dal batter.Add salt and mix well.
- Stir the batter resolutely for a few minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Fry moong dal pakoda till crisp and golden.
- Drain the moong dal pakoda on paper napkins to remove extra oil.
- Serve the moong dal pakoda hot or warm with coriander chutney.